Thursday, September 27, 2012

Pre-wedding jitters

Glad to get back into field mode after rounds of wedding shopping. I am staying now in a very nice old fieldstation maintained by the BNHS inside the sanctuary. This place is more remote than the IISc base...its closer to the plot - which would give me more flexible working hours. Otherwise it takes me an hour to reach the plot, and I spend 2-3 hours commuting from the base camp to the plot. I am really not sure what is happening about the wedding - the parents are more in "control" of the whole process. The only thing I am sure of is that it is at Regent - and I will have to do the rounds in kanchi silks and kold jewellery. Hope I don't trip and fall. Or worse still, start scratching my many million tick bites...which I am scratching even as I type this mail...

No comments: